CLASS DESCRIPTION :
Coding With Minecraft
Let's Face it learning to code can sometimes be pretty dull for our young learners.
Children crave adventures and being creative.
Techakids will introduce Students to computer science in an exciting new way this Spring using Minecraft Education Edition. This special limited Minecraft edition is used around the world to educate students in a more 3D immersive environment in computer science and other STEM subjects.
Techakids will be running our own classroom servers.
In this new fascinating class, Students will learn how to:
- • Create coding solutions that include sequences, iteration, and loops
- • Decompose (break down) the steps needed to solve a problem into a precise sequence of instructions
- • Iterate on coding solutions to complete a task
- • Debug (identify and fix) errors in an algorithm or program that includes sequences and simple loops
- • Create programs that include sequences, events, loops, and conditionals
- • Students will work together as a team to Develop skills in visualization and 3D Thinking
- • Develop an understanding of the skills required to work effectively as part of a team
- • Apply coding skills in a team-based assessment scenario
DATES & HOURS :
6 Session - 1.0 Hours / Session
April 22nd thru May 27th, 2022
Fridays : 2:50pm - 3:50pm
Age Groups :
2nd to 5th Grades ( Elementary School )
Lincoln(RBUSD) Lunch area
Students are to report to lunch area immediately after class dism
Minecraft Education license and coding add-on will be provided by Techakids at the start of class